Thursday, April 7, 2011

Scary Revelations

So I had a scary revelation this morning…. I GRADUATE A MONTH FROM TODAY!!

The thoughts that came to mind were as follows:
1.      “I am not old enough to graduate!” There is no way that I have learned everything that I need to graduate.  I still act like a kid most of the time. Do they not know this? Would they really hand this KID a diploma?
2.      “I am not ready!” I don’t know all of my plans yet. I need more time to process this. I feel like everyone else has everything figured out and I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I’M DOING!
3.      “I should look for graduation shoes online.” A no-brainer.
4.      “I don’t want to leave Stillwater yet!” Going to college in Stillwater was such a blessing. I am going to miss the town and the people. I am going to miss my pledge sisters, LifeChurch, the Beyers, my friends, and my lifegroup.
5.      “____________________” My mind went blank.
And after I had gotten the crazy, hyperventilating, worry-wart Callie out of the way, God was able to speak to me.  It honestly reminded me of 1 Kings 19, when God revealed himself to Elijah:
“Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.”
            Anyways, I just felt God telling me to have peace and patience. I, of course, thought God must not know who he is talking to because I am the worst at Peace and horrible with Patience. But, if I claim to be a follower of Jesus, I have already received these fruits in the Spirit (Galatians 5:22).
            So today, I am choosing to have peace with the fact that I am graduating. I am trusting in God’s plan. I have chosen to be patient with whatever outcome he chooses no matter how long and no matter how far away his plan may lead.
“So do not fear, for I am with you;
   do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

1 comment: