Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Family

Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it”.- Proverbs 22:6

I have found this verse to be true. I believe I am who I am because of the discipline, training, and wisdom given to me by my parents and grandparents.  And I am realizing how much emphasis God puts on the importance of families in his Word.

It was incredible to see my family this weekend.  I knew I would be excited but I had no idea that I would be so excited and chatty that I would lose my voice! I literally lost my voice from talking so much to and about my family! They were able to see where I lived and what life is like on an Air Force base. On Saturday we went into London and I was able to take them around. I was the tour guide! It was really great.

I really enjoyed going to see Jersey Boys on Saturday night.  Long story short…. I booked the Jersey Boys show for the wrong weekend. Seriously. I didn’t realize this until we were all dressed up and on the tube station to get there. I was humiliated. But we went to the theater anyways and were so blessed by the man that worked the ticket counter. He gave us 5 tickets that were better than the tickets I originally purchased at no extra charge. The seats weren’t together but they were so close to the stage. God really took care of us through that whole thing.

Honestly, the weekend was kind of a blur. All I remember was a weekend with my family.  I know we rode the subway a lot. Haha I had a great weekend. But now I miss my family….

1 comment: