Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The BEST yet...

Today is Dr. Seuss' Birthday. He would be 107 years old today. We obviously had to celebrate....

I told all of the students to come in their pajamas (but to obviously use discretion) and bring their favorite book to school today! We played games, ate cake, had popcorn, drank hot chocolate, drew pictures, and READ today! It was so fun. We also went around the room and shared our favorite Dr. Seuss book and why we liked it. I shared Horton Hatches the Egg (obviously the greatest book by him) because it reminds me of my Dad. I am not exactly sure why but I have one memory from forever ago of him reading it to me! A close second would have been "Oh! The places you will go" because it reminds me that education can take you anywhere you want to go (part of the reason I want to teach). I woke up happy today and I left school happy today!

17 beautiful second graders were able to enjoy the wonderful world of reading. I am so grateful to men like Dr. Seuss who have contributed so much to children's education! Look at these cuties:









"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." - Dr. Seuss

3 comments:

  1. Those kids are so stinkin' lucky to have you. Mine miss you a ton. And so does their mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're rep-ing your okstate hoco jacket!!!

    yeahhhhh!!! haha

    ps: what a fun idea!! will you teach caramel colored baby and my other children how to read??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha of course I will! Someone will have to!

    ReplyDelete